In Fine Feather

1. Fig. well dressed; of an excellent appearance. (Alludes to a bird that has clean, bright, and flawless feathers.)
2. Fig. in good form; in good spirits.

Whole30

Monday, August 4, 2014

Artichoke and Shrimp Salad

The other night I was thinking about dinner and what I was going to do about it. I had fresh shrimp, and I had canned artichokes I wanted to try. I have never had canned artichokes before, I'm a straight off the leaf kinda gal. I was pleasantly surprised the canned ones were nearly as good as the fresh. So I mixed these ingredients together and was pleased, as were my taste buds, and my health! ;)
This would taste so good on top of a sweet potato, or zoodles but, I just ate mine like a warm salad straight out of a bowl. It was delicious and my little boy loved it too! I know a recipe is a win when he approves.




Artichoke and Shrimp Salad

1/2 T coconut oil
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 cup minced onion, yellow
1lb fresh wild shrimp
14oz canned artichoke hearts
1/4 cup chicken broth
1-2 T lemon juice
2tsp dried parsley
salt and pepper

Heat oil on medium heat, add garlic and onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add shrimp, artichoke, broth, and lemon juice. Cook for 4-5 minutes until shrimp are fully cooked.
Stir in parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Drop me a line..