Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Stuffed Jalapenos

Oh. My. Word. I was really excited to try out the cream sauce recipe and even more excited to have some stuffed jalapenos! When I made the sauce I tried it plain, and though it was good I was a little skeptical. But, since I had made it this far I better go ahead and stuff the peppers, and I am so glad I did!
They seriously taste JUST like a stuffed pepper (obviously..because it is a stuffed pepper..), almost cheesy even! Give these a try, you can thank me later. I am actually on my way to the store to get more jalapenos..

I had a couple peppers for breakfast with fried eggs, and apple sauce. The best ever!

STUFFED JALAPENOS
Ok this is what you need!
1/2 cup cashews
1T fresh, or 1/2T dry chives
2tsp lemon juice
salt
8 jalapenos (cut in half)
8 slices of bacon (cut in half), make sure this is Whole30 compliant!

Lets get started!

Cashew Cream Sauce
1/2 cup cashews (overnight soaked)
1T fresh chives, or 1/2T dried chives
2tsp lemon juice
dash of salt

Let cashews soak over night covered in water. After soaking drain water so the cashews are only half covered.
Add all ingredients to blender or processor and blend until smooth. It took me about 5 minutes of blending and scraping the sides before I had a creamy sauce.

Cut 8 jalapenos in half and remove seeds
fill with sauce and then wrap with bacon halves.
Place on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20- 30 minutes until bacon is crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Drop me a line..