In Fine Feather

1. Fig. well dressed; of an excellent appearance. (Alludes to a bird that has clean, bright, and flawless feathers.)
2. Fig. in good form; in good spirits.

Whole30

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Chicken Nuggets

I was nervous to make these chicken nuggets because I thought my hopes were set to high, and by too high I mean I just wanted them to taste like chicken nuggets. Ya know? Well, I am happy to report these chicken nuggets are BOMB (and in a good way)!
My husband is leery of all paleo meals, but is often a good sport and will sample them. Both my husband and my Owen loved these!
They seriously taste like chicken nuggets, and by chicken nuggets I mean way better than any frozen kind you will buy at the grocery store. Seriously, no joke!
I paired these with my homemade ranch, and my homemade ketchup! YUMM! So good!



Chicken Nuggets

1lb chicken breast, cut into 1-2inch pieces
1 egg, beaten
1c almond flour
1/2tsp salt, or seasoning salt
coconut oil

Mix almond meal and salt together in a bowl.
Dip chicken in egg, then dip in almond meal mix and coat well.
Heat enough coconut oil to coat the pan, on medium-high heat.
Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side or until done.
Transfer to paper towel to absorb extra oil.

Recipe originated from Homemadetoast

1 comment:

  1. Laura, all of your recipes sound DIVINE! I am especially wanting to try this one & your chicken salad. Come cook for me, I miss you :)

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Drop me a line..