Thursday, July 17, 2014

Chipotle Beef

The other night I promised the missionaries I would make them my Cafe Rio meal, I was a little nervous about this because I love Cafe Rio, I don't make it often, and I live 3000 miles away from them, so I really wanted to partake. I was wondering what I was going to eat? I can't have my homemade cilantro rice, or my homemade refried beans, or cheese, wahhh wahhh. Well, I found this recipe and it was so GOOD! It went great with the Whole30 approved cafe rio sauce, guacamole, salsa, and plantain tortillas.

CHIPOTLE BEEF
2 pounds grass fed, organic beef roast
2-3tsp ground chipotle pepper powder
1 cup chopped/minced yellow onion
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup tomato paste
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 1/2 T apple cider vinegar
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp oregano
-------
3/4 cup beef broth 
3 bay leaves
1/2 tsp ground cloves

Place roast in bottom of crockpot
combine all ingredients except broth, bay leaves, and cloves
pour over roast, then add broth, bay leaves, and cloves to crockpot
Cover, and cook on low for 7 hours
Shred the beef, and cook 1-2 more hours until super tender




Recipe adapted from Against All Grain

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Drop me a line..