Thursday, July 17, 2014

Plantain Tortillas

I know I have said this before but incase you missed it.. I LOVE PLANTAINS. My love started for them years ago when I was in Montego Bay sitting in this gorgeous second story restaurant that didn't have walls and looked out over the ocean. It was awesome. and delicious.
These are seriously good. Not just good because I love plantains in most ways, shape, and form, but these are super freaking good. They are bland so they don't over power any tasty fillers you put in them!



TORTILLAS!
2-3 green plantains
2 egg whites (or 1/3 cup from carton of whites)
1/4c melted coconut oil
1t lime juice
1/2t salt
peel, chop, and puree plantains in food processor, or blender.
add rest of ingredients, and puree again.
   (If bananas are too green, add all the ingredients before pureeing. The liquid will help them blend up if they are too green/dry. The taste will still be awesome though, no worries!)
make thin round circles on parchment paper with batter (use spoon or spatula to spread out)
bake at 350 for 10 min, until edges brown slightly.


These tortillas paired up AhhhhMazzzzinggg with the Cafe Rio dressing, guacamole, salsa, Chipotle beef recipes that are all found in the recipes!



These tortillas might be on the line for some people doing the Whole30 program, I don't believe they take away from the Whole30 'idea', nor do they have any ingredients that are unacceptable. They are good for you, made with approved ingredients, and I believe they fit the program very well! Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Healthfest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Drop me a line..