Thursday, July 24, 2014

Salsa, Best Ever!

This salsa recipe originated from The Pioneer Woman. She really knows her stuff. Why change something that is so perfect? Well, unfortunately I had to change it, but taste wise I didn't even notice. All I did was eliminate her added sugar to make it Whole30 friendly. Pair this with the Cafe Rio dressing, guacamole, plantain tortillas and chipotle beef. (Ughh, yeah! It's ALL Whole30 friendly!)



Restaurant Style Salsa
28 ounces of tomatoes (whole, or chopped)
2 (10oz) cans of Rotel
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
1/2-1 jalapeno chopped
1/4 t salt
1/4 t cumin
1/2 cup cilantro
juice from 1/2 - 1 lime

This is a very large batch, and it is to big for my blender so I blend the tomatoes and Rotel together and then pour half of the mix into a large bowl and set aside. Pulse in the rest of the ingredients, until you reach your desired consistency and then mix all together in the large bowl.
I like to store in Mason jars up to a week in the fridge, and it freezes beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Drop me a line..