Thursday, July 3, 2014

Crockpot Rotisserie Style Chicken, with Gravy (Whole30)

.

I am in no way a photographer, and won't ever pretend to be. I actually scarfed down my chicken before I thought mmm better take a picture! Crockpot chicken and gravy, yam, green beans with approved bacon
I have made this chicken a few times and love it. Like, really love it. My whole family does too, but who doesn't love an easy to make chicken that isn't short on flavor, and super healthy?! The original recipe for the chicken is from One Lovely Life, I made a few changes, and the gravy is my own specialty ;) Both are Whole30 approved :)



Crock Pot Rotisserie Style Chicken with Gravy


1 whole (organic/pastured) chicken
1tsp celery seed
1 small onion minced
2tsp salt
2tsp paprika
1tsp pepper
1tsp ground thyme
1/2tsp garlic powder


sprinkle onions on bottom of crockpot. Mix together the spices in a separate bowl to create a rub, rub mixture over entire chicken body (wash your chicken with a little water first, it will help it stick, and give you a clean chicken!)
Place chicken on top of onions and turn crockpot to high for 5-6 hours (or just forget it all day and leave it in for 8 hours!)


Gravy:
After chicken is done remove chicken from crock pot, and set aside.
If there is any fat in the broth, scoop it off and discard.
Pour broth into sauce pan and heat until boiling.
While waiting for broth to boil mix 1/8-1/4 cup with 1-2 T coconut flour until it is thick liquid
When broth comes to boil mix in the coconut flour mixture and whisk your little heart out until desired thickness. (you can add more coconut mixture if needed).

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Drop me a line..