Thursday, July 10, 2014

Homemade Mayonnaise Whole30

My friend recommended this recipe to me. She loved it so I knew I would too. I love mayonnaise. a lot. This really tastes just like mayo, my husband and son even thought so!
Original recipe from Planks Love and Guacamole.


When making this mayo start with 2/3 cup of olive oil, after it is all pulsed in, check it to see if its a good consistency, if you want it thicker add more oil. I only used 2/3cup.




2/3-1cup avocado or light olive oil
1 egg, room temperature
2t lemon juice, apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
1/2t dijon mustard or dry mustard (optional, I added it! yum!)
Salt and pepper to taste

put everything in the food processor/blender except the oil
pulse a couple times to combine
with lid on, slowly pour oil through hole in top of lid, while constantly pulsing
when all the oil is added its ready!
If you want it thicker add up to 1/3cup more!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Drop me a line..