Friday, July 25, 2014

Coconut Flour Tortillas

Have you done much with coconut flour? I really like the taste of it, it goes well with most things. It is also super absorbent, a little really goes a long ways. I made these Coconut Flour Tortillas today with a recipe from Against all Grain, and I thought they were more delightful to eat by themselves then with anything else. So I ate one by myself, and I ate one with my yummy Chicken & Avocado Salad and it was amazing!




Coconut Tortillas
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup egg whites
3/4 cup almond milk

Mix all ingredients together (a hand whisk is fine) and then let sit for a few minutes so the coconut flour absorbs some of the moisture.
Heat skillet on Medium heat, melt or spray some coconut oil in the skillet.
Pour 1/4 cup batter into skillet and swirl skillet around so the bottom is thinly coated with batter.
Cook for about 1 minute, then flip over and brown the other side.
Voila! Cooks just like a crepe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Drop me a line..